Fashion and Blogs

Today I joined The Thinkers show on SYN 90.7 FM. With L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival on the girls (Tash and Mary) were keen to talk about ... fashion!

Apart from the usual 'worst fashion trends', etc. I talked about just how many fashion blogs have taken off. Scott Schuman of The Sartorialist is for most the first foray into fashion blogging and was even named one of TIME Magazine's Top 100 design influencers. Yet, on a smaller scale the world over fashion and blogging are often synonymous with each other for so many people.

It's been used as a way of helping the underprivileged (The Uniform Project) or just to document fashion in one's own city (Melbourne Street Fashion). Just the other day a girl who studies at Uni stopped me to take a photo. Check out her blog at Koh & Co.

As elementary as it sounds, it's great that blogs and "social media" are giving people an avenue to express their creativity in something they're genuinely passionate about, while even benefitting others.

P.S. I'll be on SYN Radio soon in a regular position with a friend of mine (Rob White). I'll keep you all posted and help support community radio!

1 comments:

KohCo said...

Thanks for the shout out!
Viva creative side projects :)

I totally crushed on your outfit today...

And I adore the blog. It's very thought provoking. Far more eloquent than my verbal diarrhoea :)

x

Bec

Post a Comment

top