Who Makes The Most Dough: AdNews Poll

AdNews is running a poll asking, "At agencies, who are the most overpaid?" At present, the results are as follows:

Creatives - 31%
Digital Gurus - 15%
Planners - 11%
Account Management - 10%
The Bosses - 33%

It's no surprise to anyone that bosses rank the highest, but as I've been thinking lately about thought vs action I'm framing a lot of things I see through that lens. I think for a lot of people, the Creatives must be the ones who 'just come up an idea' and so many people, both within agencies and the general public (when they see a good TVC or a clever concept) immediately think, "I could have done that!" or whatever. Meanwhile, I think the Planners and such terms are perceived to be more real, more tangible, and less concerned with abstractions and more with delivering results.

As for 'Account Management' - well, in my limited experience of the industry, I've seen that many business cards/job titles/self references to everyone being some kind of account manager/executive/etc. that it was never going to be the case they'd all vote against themselves. I mean, who wants LESS money?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top