Retail Fashion Branding at POS

I work at Herringbone. As is the case with a lot of stores, company policy requires that when working we wear Herringbone stock at all times, preferably current season too. Admittedly, I don't always do this. I always wear a Herringbone shirt/tie/sweater/blazer, etc. but am often wearing my own jeans from Nudie or shorts from American Apparel/Herringbone shorts altered to fit differently.

I've never had anyone express anything negative about me wearing jeans and sometimes people have liked the idea and said they would wear their Herringbone shirts more casually, too. However, the other day when I was at Country Road, a customer asked the sales assistant about her belt. She blushed, said it was from Kinki Gerlinki and proceeded to tell the customer all about how good their stuff is and how much she LOVES shopping there. Great, but what favours does that do your own brand?

More important than just wearing current season stock for POS staff is, in my view, being able to show how those items fit into other people's wardrobes but always re-emphasising the features + benefits of your own brand's items. Finishing a sale with how good the other brand is means potentially losing future sales. Instead, after the transaction is the best time to reaffirm the customer/sales assistant/brand relationship.

The above was just a thought. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top