Gen Y Marketing Podcast: Selling Small Condoms

First off, the Gen Y Marketing podcast is great. Only listened to my first one tonight and I can't wait for the next one.

They were discussing the problems faced when marketing smaller sized condoms and said the best idea wins a CD. As long as it's not the Best of Motown which they played all over their last podcast, I want in.

Here's my entry:


Basically, it's a print advert for a men's lifestyle magazine. The whole point of it is to offer a custom product without alluding to smaller penis size, but rather focusing on the "right fit". Secondly, the "whatreallymatters" (doesn't exist ... yet) would be a good way for the condom manufacturer to get on board health issues relating to condom use, with user engagement through forums, etc. for talking about the "doing" part. Lastly, the tag line coming from a famous woman is a nice way of making men feel a little more comfortable.

Anyway, lawyers for Halle Berry and Durex - please don't sue me. Thanks.

1 comments:

Nudge Marketing said...

Wow this is awesome!

At this point in time you are far and away the leader in the race to win the comp (although I fear Nat didnt really think through his fabulous prize draw and you may end up with something very second hand from his personal collection).

As for the twitter comments, glad to hear you like the show but as I am on a mission to not post anything on twitter for a whole year, my apologies for not responding (I hope for your sake you are on the right side of the 60% divide :P)

Rest assured we will be stealing your ideas from your blog and passing them off as our own from here on in... :)

Post a Comment

top